Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Movies Under the Stars

Here at the Majestic Dude Ranch, we have a host of activities including everything from hay rides to horseback riding.  One thing I am proud to include on the ranch is a weekly movie screening under the stars.  Before becoming a ranch owner, I owned the historic Crest Theatre in Los Angeles. After 7 years of owning the theatre, I was ready to escape the rat race of the big city and start this exciting new adventure here in Mancos, Colorado.  I still love movies and I get a kick out of sharing them with our guests!  We have an outdoor screen and a section of western movies on DVD that we show at the ranch including 3:10 to Yuma (1957 version) and Blazing Saddles (30th Anniversary Special Edition).  No western series would be complete without several films from the legendary John Wayne!  We have a bunch of his best films on DVD including True Grit, The CowboysFort Apache, Rio Bravo and The Searchers.  We also picked up a Roy Rogers DVD box set that includes 20 films!

Our screenings also feature fresh popcorn free of charge!  This is quite a change for me since selling popcorn was how I kept the theatre afloat!

Let us know if you have any western film favorites that you'd like to see on your visit to the ranch!  



No comments:

Post a Comment